Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Women


"Women have distinct assignments given to them before the foundation of the world (March 2009 Ensign)"


I am reading a book called A Single Voice by Sister Kristin Oaks. In this book I have been reminded of the importance of women and what their role is as nurtures in this big world we live in. If you haven't read this book please pick up a copy! Females and Males will both learn so much from it! It is truly inspired!

Tonight while I was eating one of God's greatest creations....frozen yogurt, the guy I was with asked me why I was so insistent on paying and why I acted a little put out when he wouldn't let me. I told him that part of me feels like I need to constantly be giving and one way to do that is to pay for other people when I go out. He point blank laughed in my face and said: "You are such a stubborn girl." That comment intrigued me.... so of course I made him expound. He said that women always feel like they need to be helping, fixing, or doing something for someone. That really got me thinking....

To add to the thoughts during frozen yogurt, later in the night my visiting teachers came over and shared the monthly message with me. I loved that it went right along with what I had been thinking about. As I spoke with my Visiting teachers my heart grew in love for them as we bonded about circumstances that women find themselves in. My two Visiting Teachers are such great examples of wonderful women who understand their purpose in life.
Aren't women amazing? Women are passionate, fearless, goal oriented, powerful, inspirational, beautiful, graceful, intellectual.....women are absolutely amazing! I am so proud to be a woman and proud of the perks as well as the flaws that come with my gender! lol In a world created to appeal to women, I hope that all women everywhere will stand up and not be afraid to be who they are and to stand up for what they believe in! There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who has a dream to make a difference and then wakes up from that dream and gets to work so that dream comes true!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi! I love this entry. Your mind must run a million miles a minute. I just love all the thoughts and insights you post, and especially the happy tone that you bring to cyberspace. This helped me decide to create my own blog! (To be unveiled soon...)

    Kudos to one of the best women I know! (Yes, that's you.)

    Love,
    Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about this book. I haven't heard of it and I'm married so I probably wouldn't have even picked it up if I saw it at the store, but I looked at the reviews after seeing your post and it looks great. I added it to my list of books to read. Women have such power and I love to read about how to better use it and remember it!

    ReplyDelete