Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stress Case

Hillarious! I am sitting at home....trying to put my emotions into words.
This past weekend was really stressful, hurtful, exhausting, memorable, unexplainable and needed. On Thursday night I had that experience with my dad. On Friday morning I was in the hospital for my stomach test which didn't go very well. Right after that I went to lunch with my Boyfriend and he and I broke up..... then believe it or not I then had to go to work. After work I spoke with my boyfriend again but by the time he dropped me off at home....it was So long-farewell. Saturday I had a practicum meeting up in SLC and then rushed back to barely make it for work in time. When I got back home I had to answer to roommates, hometeachers, friends, and family members who were all wondering what in the world was going on with my life (not a fun thing to explain). Then I went and got all the food for the ward activity and then finally I was going to relax, mourn and heal. SO FUNNY! My roommates and I bought Hot n Ready's (the only true thing to help a girl heal), candy, ice cream, pop.... you name it- we all got it. We then turned on a random movie....lol low and behold the plot is that this guy can't get a girl so he pretends to be from New Zeland!!!!!! Suddenly all the stuff we had just bought didn't taste good, and I was ready to turn my mind off and go to bed!
On Sunday I got up really early and my parents and I drove up to Idaho. My cousin was being made a teacher and so we had a family get-together. It was bitter-sweet. The questions went in this order: #1. Where's your boyfriend? 2. Why did you break up? #3. What did you do this time? #4. Are you ever going to get married? #5. How have your tests been going? #6. When do you graduate? Do you get the picture? It was overwhelming! As great as it was to see everyone- I was an emotional wreck! I escaped as soon as I could and headed to Rexburg.
That was just what I needed. I saw a Recent Convert from the Mish. I saw Mission friends and my old roommate Stacey. That night Stacey and I went up to the Rexburg temple and layed the seats back in my car and stared up at the magnificant building. We laughed, cried, and set goals. It was just what I needed to give me perspective. I left the temple that night determined and resolute to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Monday came and besides my Grandfathers lecture on not being too picky about my future husband, the day went by well until the wedding. It was all that I could do to keep from crying. My old companion got married at the Shelton in Idaho Falls. There were so many things that I wish could have been different but when I saw the happiness that was in each of their eyes- I couldn't help but be happy for them and the fact that they have each other in this life. It was hard to say good-bye to one of my closest friends. She's my travel buddy, my twin, and my sister. I wish them well! They are moving to Texas.
Well, the weekend though it was hard, it wasn't that bad and yet I woke up with my entire face on fire, and my lips swollen and a sore on my lower lip. I have never had a cold sore before so I am not sure if that is what it is. Am I stressed? lol Is this what stress does to a person? I sure hope not! lol Really, I thought that I was fine and that things were really looking up and that I was handling things well. Ha ha ha....I'm gonna practice my deep breathing today lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment