Sunday, March 15, 2009

Falling in Love


A dear friend of mine sent me this quote in the wee hours of the morning and I just had to share it with all of you. "Love is giving someone the power to destroy you BUT trusting them not to." I was reading this incredible message from my friend and when he said these words my head started to spin!!!!!! No wonder I have been so confused about love!!!! lol I naturally love people. In fact I think it is pretty easy for me to even fall in love with people. My heart is a lot stronger than my mind is. Actually I think that my heart and mind battle against each other a lot but my heart always wins!

I can honestly say that I have been in love....and a couple of times I thought that it destroyed me so bad that I would never recover....and yet here I am years later, heart in place, mind open ready to jump in with both feet again. Why is that? I was studying the scriptures the other day and reallized that because of the Atonement I can move on, recover, mend AND open my heart to others. Now, thats not to say that when destruction happens it doesn't hurt like a beast because it definately does! However the times of happiness, warmth, peace, and excitement with someone out weighs the destruction that comes when that person makes the decision to not handle your heart with care.

I went for a walk with my roommate tonight because the stars were so beautiful and the night was so warm! As we were walking I opened up to her and shared with her the miracles that had happened today. Sundays are always perfect days for miracles. She stopped me and said: "I love that you were in love!" I was a little caught off gaurd by that. She went on to say: "Kristi, don't you get it...you were in love! I knew that you were, in fact I never doubted it, but how you are acting right now proves even more that you were and are and maybe always will be in love. You are happy that your past relationships are happy with their lives now, you want whats best for them, and you care about where they are spiritually- that's love! But what convinces me even further Kristi is that you also arent afraid to tell me that it all sucks! You're not afraid to say that you feel like you have been robbed, ran over, or cheated! You feel vulnerable, weak, and fatigued! Thats LOVE!!!!!!!!" lol I love my roommate! About a month ago she and I had a convo about how good it feels to fall in love and let your heart go free! She is always good at convo's like these! She too has experienced loss recently and in the past and yet she and I both deal with our experiences similarly- we love to be in love!

Tonight I also spoke with my mom and my sister in-law about a couple of relationships I had been in years ago. My mom said: "I still love that you can talk about them with a smile on your face even though when all was said and done you were left in pieces!" Putting both convo's together helps me understand myself so much better. I DON'T have a problem loving and trusting people with my heart!!!!!! Interesting....

3 comments:

  1. Kristi- That's what I have always loved about you- you're ability to love. You are full of that Christ-like love which gives you the ability to love people through and through. You're the greatest example of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the word or some conjugation of "love" like 50 times on just this page alone...

    I love the Atonement principle there, it caused me to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are the best! Thanks for your comments! I have to tell you that I woke up this morning super happy and I went to work...well it was my last day with my Elders and they had a surprise for me.....boy did they!!!! lol They sang me "L is for the way you look at me...." It was such a shock to me! They had a dance and everything! Then they told me that was their favorite thing they learned! Love is so awesome, eh?

    ReplyDelete