Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LOVE was made for ME and YOU


Today was my last day with my elders. They are headed to Canada and Ohio. This district has been such a blessing my life and I am grateful to have been able to meet each of them!

Today at the end of class the district told me that they had prepared a few things for me to let me know what they appreciate of me as their teacher. They had me sit in what we call the throne (a padded chair) and they all sat in their desks starting at me until....

Elder Staker yelled...2,3,4....and then all of the elders stood up and formed an L with their arms as they sang "L is for the way you look at me." as they sang those words they made an L shape with their arms and then quickly went to hands on their hips and a look on their face that said "oh, Elder." I laughed so hard!

They continued... "O is for the only one I see" they all then sat in their desk and put their elbows on their desks, rested their head on their hand and made a big sigh as they all looked at me...then jumped up for "V is very very extraordinary" when they jumped up they all did numerous different hand signals, body language, and shouted words that I use a lot. Then went on to "E is even more than I adore.....and love is all that I can give to you! Love is more than just a trick or two" they were doing the can can and took off their suit jackets and put them over one shoulder and did GQ poses. Then my cute shy elder sang in high C "take my heart but please don't break it!" The song ended with "Love was made for you adn me" They all ended on one knee and their arms outstretched towards me.....I was rolling in laughter!

Right then one of the reading tutors came in and said "What on earth is going on?" I was laughing so hard that I couldn't speak. She looked around the room until she spotted me and said...I thought that you might be the teacher I would find in here.... I couldn't think of any other teacher whose missionaries would want to sing a song like that to their teacher. She laughed along with us- thank goodness and the Elders explained to her that they sang that song because they love me but more than that I taught them how to love other people.

What a blessing my life to have experiences like thisQ!

2 comments: