Saturday, May 30, 2009

REJECTION

Have you ever been rejected before?
One time when I was up at BYUI I ran into a girl from my High School. I was excited to see someone from home and went right up to her to greet her. She seemed shocked and I thought that it was because she didn't know that I was at school there. Instead this is what she said: "Excuse my surprise Kristi, its just that you never would have approached me in High School. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think that you were the biggest snob in the school but you always won the elections, were involved in everything, and dated any guy you wanted. To you I was invisible." I remember going home and bawlling like a baby and made a pact to become friends with this girl. Later she told me that she had felt bad about what she had said to me when she first saw me but that girls that haven't had much rejection in their lives were hard for her to accept and that the fault wasn't mine but it was hers. I thought about that for a while. I had experienced rejection in different forms through out my life but it was interesting to me to think back and see how blessed I had been through-out my life.
Once I got into the MTC I remembered that experience I had with the girl from High School... in fact the whole conversation came back to me the first time someone slammed the door in my face during a role play. I faced rejection through out my entire mission- it was a horrible feeling. Rejection is never easy.
When I came back home I thought some how that everything would be great! No more rejection...lol. I recently applied for a paid internship at a local Junior High. I need a paid internship desperately and felt like I had nailed the interview. However, I was later told that I did not get the job but that a lady in my cohort did. I was devastated!
A month before the job incident I broke up with Adam. I felt rejected by Adam which was something I hadn't really ever felt from a guy before. Even though Adam and I had an understanding and it was mutual in a sense.... in a way I felt betrayed and...rejected. When the job thing happened that feeling came back again. I am not sure how to deal with these kind of emotions. What helps me endure them is knowing that God has a plan for my life and things will work out for my good. I'm so grateful for the hope the gospel brings!
I don't want to get use to rejection however I accept so much more now as a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment