Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Stacey!


Stacey came down for her Birthday and it was so great to see her! We went to lunch at the Olive Garden, went shopping and sprinted to the temple to get there in time for Wes' session. Stacey had never met Wes and so she was in for quite the treat.
Stace and I had never been to the temple before. She got her endowments out while I was on my mission. My parents got to be there for that but I was only able to read about it through letters. The other times that we got to see each other the temple was shut down for the holiday or it was too late at night so we went and sat outside it. It was such an amazing feeling to be in the temple with her. We have both been through so much! It seems like it was just yesterday that she and I would have our pizza in front of the TV while we watched the OC or Friday night intramural games. Now we have both been on missions, I am graduated and almost done with grad school and she is almost done with her BS at BYUI. Wow, we have come a long ways- so much time has passed by so quickly! After the session we stayed and did cealings. I hadn't done them since I got home from my mission. I had such a powerful experience in there that day that I hope that i never ever forget!
After the temple we raced home got changed and then Wes and his cousin Chad came and got us and we went to their house for dinner. We made dinner, played rock band and then went to my bishops park to play glow in the dark golf. Cool idea, right? Wow, you have no idea.
So, of courseI made a fool of myself- I am getting really good at it these days! lol So, I hit my golf ball really far and was super excited and in the midst of me being excited and running up the side of the little stream I somehow swung the "club" (I called it a racket all night)(lol) behind me and ended up hitting myself in the back of the head. In fact I hit myself so hard that I fell smack on the ground. Wes ran over and tried to ask if I was okay as he laughed...I didn't know what else to do but laugh! As I stood up I could barely see anything. Wes noticed that I wasn't stable and asked with more concern if I was okay... as I felt the back of my head I felt a goose egg already formed. I had him feel it and he was confused. He didn't know I had hit myself in the back of the head he had only seen me fall straight on my face! We both laughed super hard about that. I was a bit out of it the rest of the night...but we went back and had smoothies and cheesecake.
The next day Stace and I went to see Wes sing in Church... which was incredible! Then we went down to my parents house for dinner. It was so fun to be with Stace, to be sarcastic, to talk about old times and to share a part of my new life with her. I hope she had a good Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fabulous birthday! I love you! see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete