Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reception Time


So, funny story. There's a guy in my ward that people use to gossip about him wanting to date me. In reality he was a good friend.
One day when I was over at Wes' house I saw this guys wedding invite on his fridge. I asked him how he knew them then suddenly realized it before he could explain the relationship.
Turns out that he had gone on a few dates with the girl and then they became friends. Plus he knew the guy as well. So, we thought that it would be funny for us to go to the reception together. Thats exactly what it was... funny!
We walked up to the line and she reached out and hugged Wes and he reached out and hugged me... it was a strange situation. It got even better as a guy who I had previously dated came with his wife and a girl that Wes had previously dated came with her husband. The dynamics were epic! My favorite part was when I was talking to the guy that I had dated Wes came up and put his arm around my waist....that about knocked off the socks of the other guy (In the past I had been enitrely against PDA). With Wes I like it! I automatically introduced them all then wes very smoothly asked me if I wanted to dance. We went over to the dance floor and dance next to the bride and groom and then the other two coupke came and danced as well...awkward? Actually, to me it wasn't as bad as I would normally make it out to be...dancing with Wes was so great and I felt so happy...even though it was a big step for me to be a little bit public with a guy in front of people that I know well.
As I went to leave the groom gave me a hug and said: "Kristi, I like the two of you together." Interesting would be the word I would use... Wes had no idea what a huge stepping stone that was for me to be so public...and for me to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment