Friday, May 29, 2009

...And thats how its done!


So, one night I got on the blessed facebook...lol and I had a message from an old friend from High School. It had been a long time since I had seen him and was excited to hear from him. It turns out that he had been looking at my pictures and saw a girl that I had served with and wanted to go out with her. The next thing I knew I was agreeing to go on a double date.
I was a little bit nervous about this double date because I had gone on a couple dates with a guy (Wes) that I had recently met and for whatever reason felt very drawn to him so I wasn't actually looking for other opportunities...I know that sounds weird to hear me say.... but it was true none the less.
The guys came and picked me up first and lets just say that it was quite the experience! (lol) Let me back up and explain why. This may sound horrid but its true. We through a party a week or two before this date and I had met a guy there that was super hot, tall and black....anyway, bottom line is that I wanted to hook up with this black guy. Turns out I end up really liking Wes and so things never really worked out with this hottie. SO, My High School friend calls me right before the date and says: "Kristi, I hope that you don't mind that this guy is black." Ok, ok, ok I admitt it I was excited. I told my roommates and everyone was interested to see this guy who we all hoped to be a major hottie! Well, when he came to the door I about fell over!!!! No lie! He wasn't black and in fact he laughed and said that he was told I was black. We both found that humorous and left my roommates starring behind us. Why were they starring? Because he was a tall, sweet hottie that we didn't know had ever existed.
Once they picked me up we went and picked my friend and then started our night. The night was fun! I got a long really well with my date! He asked if he could see me again and strangely I said I would think about it.
So, fast forward to later on that week. Wes kissed me Wednesday night and Thursday night was a party that the guy I had gone on a date with was throwing. I had promised my roommate and Angela that I would take them. They both wanted to meet some hot guys and I figured there would be a ton there. Plus, they would be mostly UVU students and so there would be a good chance that we didn't know them. Because I had kissed Wes the night before I had a lot of thinking to do. I decided that even though this tall hottie seemed great I couldn't help but feel drawn to Wes so I decided that I wouldn't allow myself to pursue or be pursued by this other guy but that I would still go to the party.
The girls made a goal that they wouldn't leave there until someone hit on them. (Great goal!) So, we drove over to his house and he was outside....(I can be really mean to guys if I am scared) I walked right past him and towards the door while thanking him for inviting us...lol... I am sure that it looked ridiculous! Anyway, he ended up stopping me and he tried talking to me but I tried to act uninterested and the three of us walked inside. There were SO many girls!!!! These guys had a great thing going for themselves! I didn't know where to go so we headed for the kitchen for a drink.
As soon as we walked into the kitchen every guys head turned....I felt so uncomfortable! I tried to act like I knew what I was doing but I didn't. I then recognized someone and he seemed to do the same- turns out we went to BYUI together... go figure! Anyway, one by one we ended up talking to every guy at the party it seemed. Whenever we would say we were about to leave guys would panic and come up and introduce themselves. As fun as it is to meet new people and to be the life of the party... the Jazz game was on and no one was watching it... what kind of guys can they possibly be? lol
As we were leaving to catch the last three minutes of the Jazz game in my car, the guy I had gone on a date with came up with a puppy dog face and apologized that we didn't get to talk... I had never had so many girls instantly hate me before...all eyes were on us. I told him it wasn't a big deal and he said that he couldn't help but notice how all the other guys got a chance to talk to us. I winked at him, hugged him one more time and said "I'd love to chat but the Jazz game is on I hope you understand."
We kept driving through dead zones for my radio and so we were missing plays- I instantly called Wes to see if he was watching it....of course he was! I liked that!
The girls and I laughed about how ironic the night was. They only wanted one guy to hit on us and we had the whole party, I realized that I was more interested in Wes than I had thought, and we'd go for a jazz game over a party full of desperate hotties any day!
Side Note: We left the party with nick-names Jerri-Fiona, Angela- Angelina, and mine is Veronica. We got them by guys trying to come up with names that fit our looks....the three of us call them our hooker names.

No comments:

Post a Comment