Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reunion Fun

I loved seeing all the sisters that I hadn't seen in a while. When I first got out on my mission these were the sisters that were ahead of me. I had big shoes to fill. I love all of them and it was so nice to catch up with them.
The mission reunion was a blast! It was fun to see everyone and especially nice to see my Mission President and his family. His family is growing up! My Mission President and his wife spoke to us and the counsel they gave was needed. My President spoke on balance in life and prioritizing. I have to admit that his message penetrated as it always does.
We also had a slide show and some entertainment by Elder Morrell. He had us laughing like crazy! He came up with a bunch of memories, jokes, and straight up hillarious things from the mission and we all got a good kick out of it.
This mission reunion was a little bit different because all my greenies were home and so were some of their greenies. Some of the sisters I had met since I started working at the MTC. That was nuts! It hit me pretty hard how fast time is slipping by. So many of the missionaries there have babies now!!!! It seems like just yesterday we were out knocking on doors and now everyone is getting married and starting families of their own.
We hung out for a long time at the reunion then a bunch of us (Wangeman and gf, jones, hilton, thuesson, Hatch, Mills, Wilkins and I) all went to sppon me until they kicked us out. We told crazy stories and rolled in laughter as we talked about awkward experiences.
All in all it was fun to see everyone and I am glad that I went.... Ican't believe that I almost chose not to go. The reunion seemed to relight the fire that once burned in me for my mission and I found out how homesick I am for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment