Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Persuasion

Rupert Penry- Jones aka Capt. Frederick Wentworth of Jane Austins Persuasion by BBC
So, believe it or not, though my movie selection is filled with numerous action, comedy, and drama DVD's I also have a couple chick flicks. Before the mish I had a few chick flicks which I had bought while in High School but very few were ever bought in college (I'd much rather see an action movie). Since the mish however, I have not only fallen in love with chick flick movies but also British movies. Though Jane Austin is a hero of mine for quite some time now, I believe the best renditions of her work is done by BBC.
I recently watched the 2007 Persuasion rendition by BBC for my first time. Can I just tell you that I fell in love with the movie right away!!! It is incredible to me that Jane Austen wrote about a love story that would happen time and time again to people from different geographical areas, cultures, and race that she would never meet. The power of persuasion in our society is fierce in todays world and I have to admit that I too have allowed myself as well as my heart to be persuaded at times. However, what I love about this story is that no matter the persuasion the heart knows the truth deep down-regardless of anything else! SO TRUE!!!!!
After a couple of times watching this film this week (the week is only half over...he he he), I made a conscious decision to be more resolute in who I am. I think for the most part I am resolute but there are some areas in my life that I can improve upon and stand more firm.
What a story of second chances, morals and passion! Anne Elliot is an incredible character who must learn about what really matters in life. She has drive, oppinion, compassion, sincerity, will power and a healthy desire for love. There are numerous things that can be learned from this character. The story compells me to evaluate my own life and put it in harmony with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment