Friday, December 25, 2009

BIGGEST NEW DEVELOPMENT


As some of you have already heard, I have transfered schools for my internship. I was wroking at Provo High School which I loved, but it was not a paid internship. While attending a Counseling Conference I met the school counselor at Karl G. Maeser and was very impressed. We later got in contact and after being invited to apply for a paid internship, I was offered the position.
Karl G. Maeser is an amazing opportunity. I have loved my time there so far! The students, faculty, parents, board and staff are all incredible people to associate with! The School is currently located in Lindon, Utah. The BIG Christmas present this years for the school was the announcement of the new building that will be completed by next fall. The school currently has grades 9-12 but next year will be enrolling 7-12. I am so excited to be apart of such an amazing program. School is based on a Socratic learning system which is an amazing way for the students to learn and develop.
I know that God is truly putting opprtunities and people in my path to bless my life- Karl Maeser being one of those tender mercies. It's an exciting time for me in the development of my career and my training as a School Counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment