Thursday, March 4, 2010

Contracts, Opportunities, and New Beginings

I just signed a contract at Karl G. Maeser Prep. Academy as their new Educational Guidance Counselor. I am so excited. I have loved my time there thus far and am excited for the future. Next year I will be the counselor for grades 7-9th. We will be in a new building which will be identical to the Karl G. Maeser building on BYU campus. The School will be located on 1600 in Orem but is technically on the border of Orem and Lindon. My school will be claiming Lindon as their home.
I am also looking to buy a house right now and the process is a little bit slower than I thought that it would be. There is a house I really like in Orem right by where the new school is being built. I need it to come down just a little bit more before I make an offer. Its a tri-level 5 bedroom, two bathroom, sun-room, deck, patio, two car garage, basketball court beautiful yard opportunity. so we will see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed.
As for other opportunities, I have been conducting research with some BYU professors and my co-counselor at Maeser Prep. It has been going very well and I will be presenting the info at the Utah/National ACT Conference in March and also the USCA/UACTE Conference in June. Also, my co-counselor is going to Afganistan and so I am filling in for him on the Utah ACT board as well as the USCA board while he is gone. Also in June at the USCA/UACTE Conference I will be conducting a presentation for Utah Charter School Counselors. This presentation will deal with crisis plans, networking as well as forming a solid representation of Charter School Counselors. I started a blog called Charter Schools in Action. This blog is to help all Utah School Counselors network with one another and help each other with Guidance Curriculum. In June we hope to nominate a Pres, VP and Secretary so that we then can take turns attending the State Charter School Meetings.
I take the Praxis on March 13th and I am scared to death. I really hope that I pass! I am just about done with School now. I graduate May1, 2010. I still have one more class to take and then I am finished with my masters. I went to my grad fair this week and took my mom with me and she cried when they brought out my hood. I can't believe graduation day is within reach. What a great new beginning I have ahead of me.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are doing good! You will do great on the Praxis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen you much at the MTC anymore. Are you still there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow kristi...I wish you would tell me these things!! Kind of big things in life are happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are so wonderful! Thanks for being such great friends. I hope that I do well on the Praxis- I am scared out of my mind!!!
    I quit the MTC about a month ago. It has been really hard on me. I miss it so much!
    Its hard to keep people up to date when I can barely keep myself up to date. :) I will work harder on it though.

    ReplyDelete