Monday, February 14, 2011

Virginity- Glamour

In March 2011 Glamour Magazine an article was written by a Mormon 27 year old woman who chose to wait her whole life to have sex...but then decided she was missing out and gave in and started "living"....meaning having sex.


Virginity

I have done a lot of things in my life that I have enjoyed, valued, hated, regreted and laughed about. I feel that I have lived life. I try to take advantage of opportunities that have been placed or earned in my life. I have made wrong decisions that I am not proud of.


When it comes to having sex this day in age I often wonder if our society has become too numb to the true sensuality of romance and realtionships. Call me old fashion, or a religious fanatic but I am basic. I want to be able to give myself to one man. I want to allow myself to dream and believe that there is someone out there in the void who still wants a woman who has saved herself. In the article the author said that men are not attracted to woman who are virgins. Is this true?


I am not saying that I am a saint- meaning that I have never participated in things that I shouldn't or things that I know that I enjoy and want to do again! :) However, that is my past- I want to leave my past where it belongs. Do I want sex in my life? Of Course I do! Maybe even more so than most do because I have waited for so long. I am a 27 year old woman who has decided to not participate in traditional sex until I am married. Does that mean that I cannpt allowmyself to date or even marry someone who also has saved himself? No, it doesn't. I believe that the past is the past and we live it, learn from it and move on. However, I am not more attracted to or less attracted to men who have had sex prior to marriage.
Read the article and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment